- City Departments
- Utility Billing
- Payment Kiosk
The City of Coppell has made it even easier to pay utility bills and permit fees! In an effort to provide convenient services to residents, the City has installed a payment kiosk in the parking lot of Town Center, 255 E. Parkway Blvd. The kiosk is available 24/7 and allows for cash, check and credit/debit card payments for permits and utility bills. The kiosk replaces the bill payment drop box and provides residents with a more secure way to pay for City services.
The use of this machine is optional. This is not a drop box. Secure payments may be made on this machine by inserting cash, check, or card. If you would like to drop a payment off, please visit Utility Billing located inside of Town Center during normal business hours.
How to use the kiosk
- Lift up yellow visor all the way and magnet at top will hold visor in place.
- Press ‘Touch here to start’ button on bottom left of screen.
- Select which department you are wanting to make a payment for.
- Select payment method. There are three options: cash, check, or credit card.
- Search for your account by using the bar code scanner to the right of the kiosk. Scan the number line located on the left side of your bill. Or, you can enter your account number or search by your address and last name.
- Confirm account info and payment amount and press Next at the bottom.
- Enter your phone number. This is optional and you can press skip to bypass.
- You will be prompted to insert your payment. Follow voice prompts to process the payment.
- Confirm amount.
- Press ‘Yes’ or ‘No ‘if you would like a receipt.
- If you pressed yes for a receipt, wait for receipt to print.
- Help us serve you better and rate the machine.
- Visor will fall back down a couple of minutes after payment has been made.
Have a question that isn't answered in our FAQs? Contact Utility Billing at 972-304-3695.