Texas Power Switch
With the approval of the City Council, the City of Coppell has partnered with the Texas Power Switch, a program that may help you lower your electricity bill through group buying.
Registration to join the Texas Power Switch program opens periodically throughout the year, and residents can pre-register for upcoming auctions. Visit texaspowerswitch.com for additional details about upcoming auctions or to register. You can also call Texas Power Switch at 888-376-2077 with any questions.
What is the Texas Power Switch?
The Texas Power Switch is a group energy switching program run by iChoosr, LLC and is licensed by the Public Utility Commission of Texas (certificate number 80419). It gives residents the opportunity to join together and get a potentially lower rate on electricity by asking energy providers to bid on the group's business.
There is no cost to the residents or the City for this service, nor does the City receive any compensation. This is a service exclusively designed to help residents save money.
You could save on electricity
Texans who switched to the 24-month plan in the last program are expected to save an average of $496 per year on their energy bills. The more people that participate, the greater the chances are of obtaining a competitive rate. Please keep in mind, there's no fee to participate or obligation to switch.
Here's how it works:
- Have an electricity bill handy and visit texaspowerswitch.com/coppell.
- Register for the next auction. It only takes a few minutes.
- The Texas Power Switch will organize an auction among electricity providers and the lowest rate wins.
- Participants will receive a personalized offer email and will then decide whether to accept the offer or not.
- Those who accept the offer have a period of time to make the switch to the winning provider.
- Join the Texas Power Switch Facebook page to follow updates about upcoming virtual info sessions.
- Please remember that re-registration is required for each program.
If you have any questions, please email Texas Power Switch or call 888-376-2077.