Current City Facility Closures & Service Impacts
Coppell Town Center
Coppell Town Center is located at 255 Parkway Boulevard. It is open to the public by appointment only when necessary to meet in person. All visitors must wear a mask or similar covering over their nose and mouth to enter the building.
Coppell Town Center contains the following offices:
- City Administration
- City Secretary
- Enterprise Solutions
- Human Resources
- Parks and Recreation Administration
City Council and Planning & Zoning Commission Meetings
Meetings of the Coppell City Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission will continue virtually as scheduled. Board and Commission meetings will be conducted virtually on an as-needed basis. You don't have to come to Town Center to stay up to date with your local government! Residents are encouraged to live stream the meetings or view the recording at their leisure.
The front window of the Utility Billing division is closed. If you experience difficulty paying your City of Coppell utility bill, please contact Utility Billing at 972-304-3695. Options are available to pay utility bills without coming to Town Center:
- Drop payment off in the secure drop box outside of Town Center, 255 E Parkway Boulevard. The drop box is located next to the book drop in Town Center's north parking lot.
- Mail payments to:
City of Coppell
P.O. Box 9478
Coppell, Texas 75019
- Pay utility bills online
- Sign up for bank drafts (PDF)
Open Records Requests
The City Secretary's Office will continue to fill requests electronically. To request material that cannot be sent through email, email the City Secretary's Office or call 972-304-3669.
Building & Engineering
The Building and Engineering departments are located at 265 E Parkway Boulevard. It is open to the public by appointment only when necessary to meet in person. To schedule an appointment for engineering-related services, call 972-304-3679 or email Engineering. To schedule an appointment with Building Inspections, Planning and Development Services, Environmental Health, Code Compliance or Economic Development, call 972-304-3500.
Community Development contains Building Inspections, Planning and Development Services, Environmental Health, Code Compliance, and Economic Development. Permit applications, plans, and payments are handled through the Customer Self Service portal. The portal and instructions to create an account can be found on the Videos page.
Anyone wishing to apply for a Certificate of Occupancy or Contractor Registration should email Inspections or call 972-304-3500.
The following residential inspections will only be conducted by Remote Video Inspection:
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) replacement
- Interior plumbing and electrical repairs for occupied residences
- Water heaters
The City will still accept, review, and issue all classifications of building permits. All other inspections will continue to be conducted in person. Any property owner, contractor, or another party who comes into contact with a City of Coppell Building, Code Compliance, or Environmental Health Inspector must wear a mask or face covering.
Schedule an Inspection
Planning applications should be submitted online through the Customer Self Service portal or via email to the Planning Department. Applicants must schedule a virtual meeting with staff to review submittals. For more information on Planning application submittals, call 972-304-3678.
Public Works / Engineering
Residents and contractors are encouraged to use virtual services. Engineering-related service requests may be made by calling 972-304-3679 or emailing Engineering. Engineering inspections will proceed as projects dictate.
Coppell Service Center
The Coppell Service Center is open by appointment only. All visitors to the Coppell Service Center must wear a mask or similar covering over their nose and mouth to enter the building. Public Works Operations and Utilities can be reached at 972-462-5150.
Coppell Justice Center
The lobby of the Coppell Justice Center is open. All visitors to the Coppell Justice Center must wear a mask or similar covering over their nose and mouth to enter the building. If you have an emergency, call 911.
Police Department Records Window
Coppell Police Records is open to the public by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 972-304-3620. If you have an emergency, call 911.
If you need to make a police report, use the police weekend and after-hours button located to the right of the Police Records Window. Requests for Accident Reports and one's own Arrest Records can be made remotely:
- By emailing the Police Department.
- Secure drop box: Deposit correspondence to the Justice Center. The drop box is located to the left as you enter through the main entrance at:
130 Town Center Boulevard
Coppell, TX 75019
- Through the United States Postal Service. Mail your correspondence to the Coppell Justice Center at:
130 Town Center Boulevard
Coppell, TX 75019.
Receipts & Other Requests
Once the request has been processed, a receipt will be sent by the United States Postal Service or email. A valid email address and phone number must accompany any requests for verification purposes. All other types of requests can be made online.
The Municipal Court is open to the public by appointment only. Appointment times are offered on the following days and times:
Wednesdays and Fridays
8 to 9 am - Reserved time for vulnerable populations
9 am to Noon - Appointments available to the larger public
Appointments & Court Dates
To schedule an appointment, call 972-304-3650 or email the County Clerk. The Coppell Municipal Court is holding virtual court only. To schedule a court date, visit the eCourt page to locate the request form. You can print off the form and mail/email it in or submit your request electronically on that page.
To minimize the number of individuals interacting face-to-face with court staff individuals are encouraged to take advantage of the remote options available for processing cases. The Court has the following payment options available:
- Full payments can be made using the Court's online payment option
- Mail your payment or correspondence to the Coppell Municipal Court at:
130 Town Center Boulevard
Coppell, TX 75019
- Pay by phone: 877-267-9107
- Secure drop box: Deposit payments or correspondence to the Court. The dropbox is located to the left as you enter through the main entrance at:
130 Town Center Boulevard
Coppell, TX 75019
Coppell Fire Stations
All Coppell Fire Stations are limited to emergency operations and are closed to non-emergency public visits and programs.
Life Safety Park
All visitors must wear a mask or similar covering over their nose and mouth to enter the facility. Modified, in-person safety programs are available at a limited capacity. Free CPR-AED classes for older teens and adults continue on a monthly basis. Visit Life Safety Park for information or to register for classes and programs.
Parks & Recreation Facilities
For inquiries related to Parks and Recreation facilities, call 972-462-5100. When using the parks and open spaces, limit groups to 10 or fewer in circumstances that do not easily allow for appropriate social distancing. View the full Coppell Parks and Recreation Reopening Plan.
Parks, Open Spaces & Trails
- Basketball and volleyball courts are open.
- Boot camps and other outdoor activities may resume if compliant with most recent criteria.
- Drinking fountains at all Parks will remain off until such time that the Center for Disease Control (CDC) revises recommendations.
- The Old Town Square restrooms is open to the public on Farmers Market Saturdays only and will be cleaned/stocked daily with hand sanitizer/soap.
- Park open spaces remain open
- Pathways/trails remain open
- Playgrounds remain closed until such time that the CDC revises recommendations.
- Restroom facilities at Andrew Brown West Soccer, Andrew Brown East, and Wagon Wheel Soccer Barn are open to the public. The facilities will be cleaned and stocked daily with hand sanitizer/soap.
- Waggin' Tails Dog Park is open.
- Youth sports associations may resume holding practices, following all state and CDC guidelines.
Social functions of 10 or fewer will be permitted. View park guidelines:
- Andrew Brown Park East is open to the public. Strict social distancing guidelines must be followed. No large gatherings permitted. No rentals or social functions at the Grand/Boardwalk/Phillips/Kid Country pavilions will be permitted.
- Andrew Brown Park West is open to the public. Strict social distancing guidelines must be followed. No large gatherings permitted. No rentals or social functions at the Courtside/Soccer pavilions will be permitted.
- Wagon Wheel Park is open to the public. Strict social distancing guidelines must be followed. No large gatherings permitted. No rentals or social functions at the Falls and Wagon Wheel pavilion will be permitted.
- Coppell Nature Park and Butterfly Garden remain open, including the trails. Park visitors must continue to practice social distancing measures when in the park on the trails.
- The Square at Old Town is open to the public. Strict social distancing guidelines must be followed. No large gatherings permitted. No rentals or social functions at the Old Town pavilion will be permitted.
The facility is open for member access only. Members must reserve a time block to utilize the facility. A maximum of 25 members are allowed in the facility at any one time.
Safety restrictions are in place. Gathering in common areas, such as lobby seating area, is restricted. Staff will perform cleanings according to schedule and CDC guidelines.
The fitness center and running/walking track at The CORE are open to the public with limited capacity . Group Exercise classes are offered in a virtual format. The indoor pool at The CORE are open for lap swim and indoor water feature access only. The outdoor pool at The CORE is open.
Reservations are required for both lap swim and indoor water feature access. Water feature reservations are limited to one family at a time. Reservations may be made by visiting Coppell Parks and Recreation website. Reservations will become available soon. Once available, reservations can be made by visiting coppellactivites.com or calling 972-304-7077.
Temporary Facility Hours:
7 am to 3:30 pm
11:30 am to 8 pm
Wagon Wheel Tennis Center
Wagon Wheel Tennis Center is open to the public.
Reservations for courts must be made and paid for in advance of your arrival at the tennis center. No walk-up play will be permitted. You will be asked to exit the facility and try making the reservation from your vehicle. Residents have many options to make reservations:
- Court reservations can be made by calling 972-393-5687. The center can take payment over the phone by credit card, WAG Cash, or by using a punch card.
- Court reservations can be made online by visiting coppellactivites.com To book a court online, you must have created an account and purchase the court at the time of reservation using a credit card or WAG Cash.
- No cash payment will be accepted for any services or court rentals at this time.
- Please be ready to provide name and contact information for other players in your group at the time of reservation.
Group lessons of four players and one coach are available.
Singles play, doubles play and tennis lessons (private and semi-private) is available.
The tennis ball machine is available by reservation only.
Tennis racquet restringing is available.
The lobby and Pro Shop remain closed with limited restroom access. There is no towel service or water on tennis courts. Benches are roped off and bleacher seating is inaccessible.
All tennis and pickleball courts are open for play with limited hours. Strict social distancing guidelines must be followed. The temporary facility hours are:
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
9:30 am to 8 pm
Tuesday and Thursday
9 am to 6:30 pm
1 to 6:30 pm
Senior & Community Center
The Coppell Senior and Community Center remains closed with limited virtual activities.
Biodiversity Education Center / Outdoor Education
EcoExplorer has recommenced in a modified manner. Self-guided trail activities are available. Limited programming has resumed, and small group outdoor activities are open for registration. Visit Coppell Activities to register for programs. Activities that use indoor space are limited to 10 people or fewer. Email the center or call 972-304-3581 for more information.
Coppell Arts Center
The brand new Coppell Arts Center is OPEN! Visit Coppell Arts Center for details about free tours and exciting programming that allows for social distancing!
Rolling Oaks Memorial Center
The columbarium is open during normal operating hours for family visitation. Staff will continue to hold scheduled services and meet with families in need of services.
Cozby Library & Community Commons
The Cozby Library and Community Commons is open at a limited capacity. Read more about the library's limited re-opening. All visitors to the Cozby Library and Community Commons must wear a mask or similar covering over their nose and mouth to enter the building, and social distancing requirements must be followed.
- Computers and printing are available by appointment.
- Residents must schedule a computer appointment. Schedule an appointment online.
- Study table use is available by appointment. Residents must schedule a study table appointment. Schedule an appointment online.
In-Person Pickup Service
The library is offering an in-person pickup service for items on hold without a reservation. The lobby is open for holds pick-up Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from Noon to 6 pm and Noon to 7 pm on Tuesday and Thursday. The library is also offering curbside service for items on hold. Residents must schedule a pick-up time. Contact the library at 972-304-3658 or email the library with any other questions.
Coppell Animal Services
Coppell Animal Services is closed to the public. Animal adoptions and pet registrations are available by appointment. Residents wanting to adopt or register their pet should call 972-304-3515 for more information.
Trash & Recycling Service
At this time, there are no changes to the regular trash and recycling collection schedule. Trash and bulk waste collection days are Mondays and Thursdays.
Waste should be bagged or placed in a trash can with a lid and placed at the end of your driveway prior to 7 am on the date of pick-up. Residential customers are allowed a maximum of 10 bags of solid waste per service day. Each bag should weigh no more than 40 pounds.
Bulk waste consists of any materials not easily contained in a trash bag - and therefore not normally disposed of in a trash bag - such as, but not limited to, swing sets, furniture, oversized acceptable solid waste, and brush too large to be cut and packaged per yard trimming guidelines. Bulk waste may not exceed two cubic yards per collection.
Recycling should be placed in a recycling bin. Yard trimmings may be bagged in a paper sack. Recycling and yard trimmings will continue to be picked up on Wednesdays.
Teen Volunteer Opportunities
The Cozby Library and Community Commons, Biodiversity Education Center, and Life Safety Park are offering virtual volunteer opportunities for teens looking to earn service hours or volunteer experience. Virtual volunteering includes tasks that can be completed at home or out in the open air while social distancing. These opportunities are a fun, safe, and constructive way to stay engaged and help the community.