State of the City
2022 State of the City
The Coppell Chamber of Commerce hosted its annual State of the City presentation on Thursday, February 9, 2023.
In his 2022 State of the City video address, Mayor Wes Mays and City staff highlight the City's accomplishments over the past year. Despite some challenging times leading up to 2022, Coppell shined brightly. Even with a lingering pandemic, legislative challenges, staffing shortages, and an ever-increasing inflation rate, we were able to accomplish so much in Coppell, largely due to a solid foundation that was forged through decades of strong, dedicated leadership. A history of strategic planning and a conservative fiscal approach have not only distinguished Coppell as a community of choice but have also allowed for our stability during trying times
With our strong foundation, our Vision 2040 strategic plan allows us to adapt and grow no matter what challenges and obstacles are put in front of us. City staff works hard to continuously provide the services that you expect year after year, regardless of adversity, regardless of resources, regardless of inflation.
The presentation included information about:
- The Coppell Arts Center's inaugural season
- Current and upcoming trail and park projects
- The transition from "Parks and Recreation" to the "Community Experiences" Department
- The integration of the Cozby Library & Community Commons with the Community Experiences Department
- Neighborhood engagement initiatives, including the Coppell Connects: Neighbors Helping Neighbors program, the Block N’ Roll trailer, the Sign Topper program, and Yard of the Month
- Business support and economic development, including new business openings
- Current and upcoming construction projects, including an update about the reconstruction of S Belt Line Road
- Public safety efforts
- The Fiscal Year 2022-2023 budget and tax rate
- The increase to the Over 65 and Disabled Person's property tax exemption to $100,000
- The $100 water bill credit to Coppell's wisest residents
- ...and MORE!