The Coppell Fire Department periodically accepts applications for Firefighter/Paramedics.
Please review current City of Coppell openings by visiting the Employment Opportunities page.
The Coppell Fire Department is a progressive department that remains on the forefront of setting industry standards while "Building a Community for Life." We provide fully staffed Paramedic Engines, a Truck Company and Ambulances while specializing in Technical Rescue including, Trench and Confined Space.
The Applicant must be 18 years of age with a high school diploma or GED equivalent. The Applicant must possess a valid State of Texas Class C driver's license or be able to obtain a valid State of Texas Class C driver's license upon hiring.
In addition, must meet one of the following requirements:
- Paramedic Certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry Paramedic Certification. (Fire Recruit salary $58,071.92 during sponsored Fire Academy)
- Basic Structure Fire Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection or equivalent (IFSAC Seal FF1 and FF2) and enrolled in a Certified Paramedic Program (Fire Recruit salary $58,071.92 for remainder of EMT/P training )
- Basic Structure Fire Certification from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection or equivalent (IFSAC Seal FF1 and FF2) and Paramedic Certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services or National Registry Paramedic Certification (Firefighter/Paramedic $66,233.28)
The City of Coppell offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (with city match contribution 2 to 1)
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave
- Longevity Pay $6 per month
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Tuition Reimbursement
Salary Range Certified Firefighter/Paramedic: $66,233.28 to $83,613.76 with additional incentive pay for the following:
- 1% Lump Sum Bonus upon completion of probation for all new members
- Step Pay Plan
- TCFP Certification for Intermediate and above $50 to $150 per month
- Critical Care Certification $100 per month
- Field Training Paramedic $300 per month
- Bachelors or Masters College Degree $100 to $150 per month
- Written Test
- Physical Agility Test
- Interview with the Applicant Review Board
- Medical Physical
- Drug Screening
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Profile
- Polygraph Examination
- Fire Chief Interview
Physical Agility Test
- Event 1: Stair Climb (3 minutes at Level 6 with 50 pound weighted vest)
- Event 2: Kaiser Sledge Swing
- Event 3: Hose Drag (150-foot of non-charged 1-3/4-inch hose)
- Event 4: Kettle Bell Carry (2 times 45 pounds weights)
- Event 5: Ladder Raise and Extension (24-foot ladder)
- Event 6: Ladder Shoulder Carry (16-foot ladder)
- Event 7: Maze (Black out Maze with Internal Obstacles)
- Event 8: Rescue (165 Pounds Rescue Mannequin)
- Maximum Time Allotment: 10 minutes 30 seconds
For information about the Coppell Fire Department please email Fire Administration, visit the Fire Department page, or you may contact the Fire Department Administration at 972-304-3512. Apply online at the Government Jobs website.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Coppell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Coppell will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.