Business Rent/Mortgage Assistance Grant Program
The Coppell Business Grant Program expired on January 31, 2023.
The Coppell Rent/Mortgage Assistance Grant Program was designed to assist small businesses who endured financial distress due to COVID-19. The grant program had been established to aid small businesses with their rent/mortgage. All eligible small businesses, as defined by the SBA, could have applied to receive a maximum grant of $10,000. To be eligible for the grant, the business had to meet specific criteria detailed below.
Businesses could only receive this grant one time. To qualify, a business:
- Must be located within the city limits of Coppell and must be in current compliance with the City of Coppell Code of Ordinances, including all applicable zoning and land use ordinances;
- Must not be in any litigation with the City of Coppell;
- Must have a physical store front in the City of Coppell;
- Must have a current utility bill showing a Coppell address for the business (or proof that utilities are covered through the rent payment for the business);
- Must attest that they have lost $10,000 or greater in sales/business over the last two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Required Documentation for the Business Rent/Mortgage Assistance Grant Program
The following documentation must be provided by the business at the time of application:
- A completed application.
- A signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release Agreement for the County in which the business is located.
- A copy of the Certificate of Occupancy for the business.
- A copy of a current utility bill showing a Coppell address for the business.
Applicants should have received an email if their application was successfully submitted. If the applicant did not receive an email, that means the application was not received.
There was a continuous call for applications until January 31st, 2023. Grants were awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Staff will review applications once per week. Businesses will be notified if they are a recipient of grant funds, and the recipient business will be responsible for turning in all necessary paperwork provided by the city of Coppell by a specified date to receive their grant. Applicants will be notified once their grant is approved. At that time, all additional paperwork will be sent to applicant to complete before payment can be made.
***Please be aware that grants are considered gross income that is taxable to a business receiving the grant under the Internal Revenue Code.***
If you have questions, please email Mindi Hurley at firstname.lastname@example.org.