Coppell Connected: Neighbors Helping Neighbors
The City of Coppell is dedicated to transforming our local community through acts of service and opportunities to build relationships with our neighbors. Neighbors Helping Neighbors, a one day service project, seeks to connect volunteers with Coppell residents who need assistance with home maintenance and repairs. Together we can build a stronger and more resilient community. Sign up to volunteer or request assistance at your home below.
Every individual or group that wishes to volunteer will be assigned a project that will make a difference in the life of a Coppell resident. Click here to register as a volunteer and then complete the Volunteer Commitment Form. All volunteers under the age of 18 must have a volunteer group leader that is 18 or older.
Deadline for Volunteer Sign-Up is April 1
Please note that all adult volunteers are required to pass a background check. Once you register as a volunteer, you will receive an email with a link to the background check form.
TO REQUEST ASSISTANCE:
Do you or someone you know need assistance with house or yard projects? We'd like to help! Only EXTERIOR projects will be considered. Some projects could include: landscaping tasks, minor fence repairs, cleaning gutters, etc. If you are a homeowner (and reside in the home), you may submit your home for consideration by completing the Job Request Application.
Deadline to submit a Job Request Form is March 23.
How it works:
A group of volunteers will come to your home on the event day to assist with your project request. Prior the event, the Event Coordinator will schedule a time with you to visit your home and assess the requested project to determine what tools will be needed and the appropriate number of volunteers to assign. Projects will be limited to those that can be reasonably completed in 4 hours or less. You are required to be present on the work day to provide instruction to volunteers.
1. While the City of Coppell would like to assist every applicant, the number of job requests that can be fulfilled is directly dependent upon volunteer and resource capacity.
2. If your request can be fulfilled, understand that volunteers are only obliged to do the work that was originally requested - nothing more.
3. On the work day, if volunteers determine that the work is beyond their ability, or that there are unanticipated risks they will not begin the job and will contact the project coordinator on your behalf.
If you have any questions or if any problems arise, please contact Katie Crawford, Project Coordinator, at 972-304-3676.
- 8:00-8:30 Kick-off! Volunteer check-in and project site assignments (breakfast provided)
- 8:30-9:00 Tool distribution and safety training
- 9:00 Volunteers depart for project sites
- 9:00-1:00 Let's work!
- 1:00pm Return to Town Center @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>